Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    To Wentworth Falls

    April 19, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Ben worked last night so it was a bit of a later start. I drove us to Glenbrook, we went for a walk to wear Pup out a bit before grabbing a late lunch at 2773 Cafe, we've been here before, and it was damn good. Steak sandwich and beef burgers for us. Next we headed for the South Lawson waterfall circuit, a dog friendly walk but steep. We were heading for the first waterfall but it was very muddy and wet, so we saw the Adelina falls from above, then headed back up. Pup did so well, he's definitely not done this many steps, ever! We headed for the airbnb at Wentworth falls. It's such a nice house, has a good feel to it. Just settled in, took Pup put for a sniff and a wee then we decided on a nap since Ben didn't get a lot of sleep.
    We stirred, got ready and headed to Echo Point. The three sisters are lit up so it was really cool to see then like that, Pup was a trooper again, no steps this time, but a new ramp and walkway since last time we were here. We headed next to Katoomba reserve, we've done this walk before too, but not lit up at night. We did the accessible cliff walk and a loop around the top but decided against the falls/cascades today, didn't want to push Pup too much. It was so nice to walk at night. On our way home we ordered pizza from La Familiga not far from our accommodation, good feed! Back to accom to feed the boy, then ourselves. Just a quiet night in with a few drinks and TV.
    Read more