Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Relocating and Putt putt

    March 17 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Back to the car after we dropped the hired gear off. We did try to grab some fresh prawns off a boat on the jetty, but they were very fresh and uncooked, so we bailed on that idea. We headed over to the caravan park to set up. We met Jo and Karen from Moe, who are down for a week to relax, lovely couple. Jo was impressed with the camper and chatted our ears off about our different travels and their family holidays over the years going from tents, to their caravan now for just the 2 of them.
    The Footbridge ice creamery, lolly shop and putt putt kept popping up as a fun, dog friendly activity, and being only 500m away, we wandered down after we'd set up. Such a bizarre place! I grabbed some sunbites funny faces Lollies, which I haven't had since primary school, and we signed up to play 18 holes. There were so many fun novelty holes, pipes and activities, it was really cool! Pup wasn't overly thrilled and couldn't work out what we were doing, but it was nice that he could join us. With a few holes to go, we realised that they have 2 sets of 18, one set predominantly undercover which we did, and the other out the back. It's set up really well and clearly been around for a while with the amount of effort put into it. Ben beat me, pfft. We looped through the lolly shop and grabbed a few more things to try, before grabbing an ice cream each, cookies and cream for me, and salted Caramel for Ben. On the walk back, we passed The Pit and heard them call for last drinks, so we had to stop for a quick beverage. Back to the camper for naptime for the boy, then the usual cook up, showers etc before bed.
    Read more