Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Nice, France

    April 10, 2016 in France ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Bonjour...
    Started our journey after 30 hours in transit. Checked bags in at Townsville airport and picked them up in Nice. Dubai was our 3hr transit point.
    Checked in at Grand Hotel Aston (Aston La Scala). Great location. Nice and handy.
    Weather has been amazing. A beautiful 15/17 deg during the day.
    We remember what we love about France. It is the crossants and their amazing tasting butter.
    Got on la grand Nice tour bus (hop on hop off). It was good but it could have been so much better if we could have found the pick up points easier and if they had better commentary on the bus.
    The water at the beach was just amazing blue and so inviting. A far cry from our water at home. The place is really busy with people but has a really laid back atmosphere.

    Onto Montpellier. Bloody hell the train station in Nice was an experiance. Not very helpful and not signed well. The dude at information was not full of information but he was full of attitude. Finaly we managed to work it out. Luckely we arrived early. By the time we landed on the platform and found the carriage we had to get on and which train, it left 10 min later. Now we just have to get off at the right stop and change trains in Avignon and then onto Montpellier.
    Read more