Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Valencia, Spain

    April 19, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Had a great trip from Barcelona on the Remfe train. Heaps of space to move around. Better than the Montpellier to Barcelona trip and no rude French conductors tyring to fine you.
    The weather is amazing again for us.
    We are staying at the Dimar hotel, it is amazing. Love this hotel and it is a far cry from the crap we stayed in in Barcelona. Little bit of road noise but nothing compaired to Barcelona hotel.
    Walked around the old city on the first afternoon and got lost. Walked for hours. Lovely old city and has a great vibe to it. More relaxed though addmitadly it is Sunday and nothing much open. Ate too much again of course. Paela and potos bravos.
    Next day in Valencia we did a bike tour. What a fantastic way to see the city. The guide was fantastic. This was booked through Viator (Valencia bike tour). It went for 3 hours at a good pace and mostly used the park land which is so peaceful and beutiful. Visited a few places of interest as well and out guide even minded the bikes while we went into the barcilica. It was not much to look at from the front but the inside was spectacular. The wind was up today so it was quite cool and needed a jacket otherwise we would not have needed one. The weather is sunny though they were predicting rain. Doesn't even look like rain. Nice to see the weather people can't get it right here either. They are consistant all over the world. Paela agian for lunch with salad and the nicest olives I have ever tasted.
    Read more