Satellite
  • Day 5

    Los Angeles to Charlotte

    October 17, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Our day didn't need to start too early for once, as we were able to sleep in for a change. Instead of going out for breakfast, we had some oatmeal in our room. We even had enough time to go for another look down at Hermosa Beach before leaving. Finding a park was difficult though, as we needed to find a street that wasn't being cleaned by a street sweeper. Fortunately a local business man was good enough to tell us before we had our car towed!

    When we arrived near LAX, we had a tough time finding the Hertz office, which wasn't in one of the several locations we originally thought it was. Once we found it, we transferred to the airport and just needed to check in and wait for our flight. The airport terminal was horrible, as most of LAX is. We settled on a place called Shake Shack for something to eat, since it seemed to be the only decent option besides Burger King. As it turned out, it wasn't decent. The food was miniscule and overpriced, and despite saying coffee on the menu, they didn't serve coffee.

    Our flights with Delta however were more enjoyable, as the cabin crew gave us plenty of snacks (after finding out we were fellow crew of course)! We needed to transfer via Salt Lake City so we grabbed a quick lunch of pizza before our next flight. Our next crew were similarly just as hospitable, and reminded us why we work in aviation for a living! The day ended up being very long though, as we didn't end up arriving at our hotel in Charlotte until after 11pm. I called the hotel asking for a pick-up which came not long afterwards.

    We don't plan on spending much time in Charlotte, as there isn't anything here that appeals to us (the Billy Graham library wasn't really something we wanted to see). Therefore our hotel is quite close to the airport and unfortunately, not that great. But we're here just for a short break before continuing through the state tomorrow.
    Read more