Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Miami to Honolulu

    October 27, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We didn't really get to sleep in today, knowing we had to make our way to Miami airport for our next flight. As expected, the breakfast area was completely chaotic, as everyone tried to cram in their last onboard meal before having to depart. Fortunately the disembarkation was an easy process and we managed to hail a taxi not long after.

    The taxi ride was something of a scam though. We didn't have the exact amount of money and asked to pay electronically. The driver claimed the electronic machine was not working (whatever) and when it came to giving us change, he conveniently didn't have enough (meaning his tip was more than we'd planned on giving). We tried not to let it piss us off too much, and concentrated on our journey ahead.

    On our flight with American Airlines, the crew kindly us complimentary food again (just snacks but we were very grateful) before we arrived in LA. Our original plan was to fly from Los Angeles to Sydney but since business class was looking unlikely (even economy wasn't that rosy), we made a change of plans and decided to go via Hawaii instead (which was our original plan of getting here - so our holiday has been reversed)!

    Our first option of flying United Airlines was wide open so before you knew it, we already had tickets for the flight! Connecting to the UA terminal was easy, so Ted went online and booked us some last minute accommodation through Air BNB.

    Our flight on UA was pleasant and I passed the time watching "Guardians of the Galaxy 2". When we arrived in Honolulu, we decided to take a taxi as we couldn't find any wifi to use Uber. Our accommodation ended up being an apartment in the Waikiki Grand Hotel, which is the same building as our favourite Hawaiian venue Hula's. What a coincidence! And even better is the location, with a view of the beach and Diamond Head. What luck!

    After today's long day we weren't really in the mood to go partying, but we still have tomorrow to explore.
    Read more