Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Seattle, Washington

    August 16, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    After a surprisingly decent sleep (even with the cat wandering around), we had breakfast and made plans for the day. It started with the ever exciting chore of doing laundry, which wasn't made easy considering I didn't have enough quarters (what I thought were quarters were actually Canadian coins). I ran around trying to find a business that was open, which was easier said than done since most weren't (so unlike Sydney). Eventually I found a cafe that was operating in an otherwise sleepy neighborhood.

    We aren't used to living with a cat - much less a smelly one! - so changing kitty litter is something of a new experience for us. We headed off to the library to print some last minute documents, only to find it still wasn't open, and decided instead to catch up with Woody and Stephen who arrived late last night and are staying in a hotel nearby.

    It was really good to see them - we met several years back in Montreal, and have similarly caught up with them at their place in Fort Lauderdale. We had arranged to visit the Boeing factory with them in nearby Everett, so we organised an Uber for the trip there.

    Being in aviation, Ted and I were both interested in seeing the factory, and were happy that the Florida boys were similarly keen. The tour itself was very interesting but to be honest, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I thought it would involve looking through aeroplanes, but it was more about observing the enormous workshops from above. It was still worth a visit and I was happy to buy a Boeing T-Shirt in the souvenir shop. The only downside was the closure of the observation deck, but it was still an enjoyable experience.

    After catching an Uber back to Capitol Hill, the Florida boys recommended getting some lunch in the street near our apartment. We settled on a cheap Mexican venue before we each headed back to our respective accommodations to relax. We were all interested in catching up for a drink in the evening too.

    The guys came to meet us at our apartment first for a drink before heading out. We again went to C.C. Attles for a few drinks before heading back around midnight. Our cruise starts tomorrow!
    Read more