Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    At sea

    August 18, 2018 ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Crossing all these time zones seems to be confusing our Iphones - when we checked the time in our darkened cabin this morning, it claimed it was 1pm (even though it was 8am). Today was our first ship day, so we tried to make the most of the resources the ship has. Breakfast this morning was pretty mediocre, so hopefully this isn't a representation of all the food on this cruise!

    We spent most of the morning relaxing by the heated (and kid free) pool. Ted was feeling a bit sick, so he went back to the room to recover. I went to trivia as it's something I usually enjoy. Unfortunately this time I didn't because there seemed to be an abundance of people who decided to shout out the answers. I hate when a good competition is ruined!

    Steve brought some walkie talkies on the cruise so we had a way of communicating whilst on board. Unfortunately they didn't work as planned but we still managed to meet up for cards. Some girls nearby recommended we drink some espresso martinis, so we tried a few. However it ended up being a few too many as they were a lot more potent than they seemed!

    We ended up having dinner at the buffet later in the evening, and then eight of us (sans the Canadians) went to see a Circus De Soleil type show. We haven't seen any shows on the cruise yet and we definitely enjoyed it. As we were leaving the show, the staff at the Quasar Bar roped people inside to the silent disco. We'd never been to one before and it was great. Although I had to remind Ted to take his headphones off so he'd stop yelling at the wait staff!

    Our group later went for drinks at the bar. Since arriving we haven't seen anyone from the "Pied Piper" tour and we're starting to wonder if they're actually on board!
    Read more