Satellite
  • Day 11

    At sea

    August 22, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today was another ship day, so once again we were scouring the daily program trying to find something to do during the day! Apart from the occasional mediocre trivia contest, there wasn't much that interested us, so most of the day was spent chilling and hanging out with our ship mates.

    Our day started pretty early as I was convinced I could hear music and feel vibrations from our room. Through further investigation, I found that it was actually coming from the auditions in the theatre, which were loud enough to be felt in our cabin. Not extremely loud by any means but definitely noticeable.

    We lost an hour today due to time zones, so at least the ship day wasn't excessively long! Breakfast was really crowded since everyone had nowhere else to go, and Ted and I went to check out the photo galleries afterwards. We caught up for lunch with Stephen and Woody and on the way back to our cabin, Ted tried to play a trick on me. When he ran ahead, I suspected he was hiding behind the wall to try and scare me. Sure enough, I waited for a couple to walk by first, only to hear Ted scare them and then have to apologise for his attempt.

    We caught up with the boys again to play cards (no espresso martinis this time!) before having a small snack and heading back to get ready for dinner. In the evening we had planned on having a formal dinner with our party of eight, especially since we hadn't had one previously.

    We all dressed up in our Sunday best, but first went to The Martini Bar before heading to dinner. Ted and I felt slightly overdressed since we were the only couple wearing ties! Fortunately for our group, there was a photographer nearby to capture how handsome we all looked that evening :-)

    Dinner ended up being really good - we had become so accustomed to the buffet, that it was nice to have something fancy for a change. It was a bit harder for Ted though with his diabetic requirements, but we ended up going to the buffet afterwards so he would be okay. After dinner, we all headed off to tonight's show in the theatre. Ten minutes later, we all walked back out again! Sadly, the Rock City show wasn't quite as entertaining as the other show we saw.

    Afterwards, a few of us went to have a few drinks, before having a relatively early night. After all the previous nights we've had, I think it was definitely needed!
    Read more