Satellite
  • Day 5

    Singapore

    December 17, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We had an earlier start for our flight to Singapore today, but it almost ended up being too early as we woke at 3am due to an alarm Ted had set on his phone. It turned out that his phone was still on Australia time, meaning we woke up three hours early!

    Before heading off, the restaurant staff were kind enough to let us have breakfast before the restaurant opened. We then took a taxi to the airport before heading to our Jetstar Asia flight. I am walking a lot better today, which has really lifted my spirits.

    Our flight time was about three hours before arriving in Changi airport. We bought a transport card for three days before heading towards our hotel. It seemed the directions I got off Google weren't all that accurate - we disembarked at Bugis station and walked for about 15 minutes in the heat, before finding out there was a metro station right outside our hotel!

    The hotel is very nice, albeit expensive which is typical for Singapore. Ted was interested in seeing Little India so we headed in to look around. We both liked the area, and Ted was keen to stay for dinner. We went to the Khan restaurant which definitely fit the bill - cheap and authentically Indian. I loved the paratha!

    We then headed into the Gardens by the Bay, which was also putting on a Christmas show. Even though it was late at night, the area was really humid, but we still took a lot of great photos before heading back.
    Read more