Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 12

    Day 12

    22 Mac 2023, Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Fortunately today wasn’t as difficult as yesterday, heat wise, although we still made sure we spent the day doing something! After going to bed later last night, we treated ourselves to a sleep in, and headed downstairs for breakfast. One thing I’ve learned is that pancakes are not the same here - unlike the soft, fluffy variety we have at home, these pancakes are more like a deep fried crust. In other words, I won’t be ordering it again for breakfast tomorrow!

    Ted and I had been wondering most of the morning what we would do today. There were many options we considered, including the Marble Mountains in Da Nang, the My Son Sanctuary, Sunworld in the Ba Na Hills and the Bay Mau Coconut Forest, but since all them involved travelling distances and enduring the oppressive heat, I had a better option - going to a day spa! Ted certainly didn’t argue since he liked the idea too so at least there wasn’t much discussion on it.

    After checking out some of the options available, we found one across town which was also kind enough to come and collect us from our villa. Like a lot of businesses we’ve encountered here, the staff expressed their sincere thanks that we chose their service, which makes us grateful that we did it.

    The spa package included a massage, facial and body wrap, although we both paid extra to get the “anti-aging facial”! We were both taken into a private room for our body scrub which was a mysterious orange-coffee combination. Even though we looked like we’d been mud wrestling afterwards, our skin was glowing!

    After scrubbing all the exfoliant off our bodies, we both received a wonderful massage which were undoubtedly, a much better experience than any of the previous massages we’ve had on this holiday. This was followed by our wonderful facials, which I can’t really describe well since we couldn’t see the process involved. It was however cooling and we looked so much younger afterwards :-)

    After our spa date, we wandered back through the Old Town which fortunately, was not as stifling as yesterday. We went to a nearby bánh mì shop (a Vietnamese baguette) for lunch, which was recommended by one of the ladies at the spa. I didn’t have one, but Ted did and loved it. Once we got back to our accommodation, we showered and changed before going to enjoy the Old Town again.

    We went to an Irish pub which had the advantage of position, as our table was on a balcony overlooking all the action. One of the English guys messaged us asking if we’d like to catch up again that evening, which was quite funny because we could see him sending the message below as they walked past the pub, not knowing we were there. They came up for a drink, before we bade farewell and headed back to our accommodation.

    Tomorrow we head off to a new country - Cambodia! We aren’t having a late night like last night, since we can’t keep doing it like we did before!
    Baca lagi