Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Tucson AZ 12/6 & 12/7

    December 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    The ride from El Paso to Tucson was blissfully uneventful. Before heading out we took Jack and Sam to a nearby dog park where they got to romp with some other dogs and get really really muddy with red clay dirt. After the early morning rain and gloom of El Paso, we didn't hit blue sky until we got to Arizona and its been blue skies ever since.

    Our stay is Tucson has been all about natural beauty and deep relaxation.. Our campsite is in Catalina State Park which abuts a state forest (about $25.00 a night with full hookup and a dumping station). It is lovely as you will see from the pics below and the walks we took start from our front door.

    First morning: we set out on a walk with Sam and Jack and did about 3 miles in the Sonoran desert. Beautiful day - wide sky, brilliant sun, light wind, both cool and hot depending where you were. Then we had lunch at a nearby Mexican restaurant. I had a marguerita and Harry had a mojito. With lunch. Middle of the day. We never do that but it seemed like the thing to do for a Thursday in Tucson. As you can imagine, the rest of the day was not very energetic but we did do three loads of laundry in the late afternoon because Jack threw up on our bed. He's better now.

    The night sky here is dramatic and beautiful - purple mountains and a turquoise blue at the horizon when the sun goes down that you can't believe exists.

    We are closing in on our third week of being away and something about this much time on the road is creating a mental sea change. I find I can actually sit at the campsite picnic table and just sit. and look. and not be thinking about the next thing I'm supposed to do.

    My next post will just be a continuation of some Tucson pictures - I can only post 10 pictures with each entry.
    Read more