Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Highland tour details.

    September 7, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    A small bus with a most entertaining driver. Crossed the Clyde at Dumbarton, the home of Ballantyne whisky. I believe where the Cutty Sark was built. Along the Leven river to Loch Lomond and a stop a Tarbet for the views of Ben Lomond. Tarbet for a cealec for full boat.

    Inverary is a pretty town with fairytale castle. Aside from a dower Edwardian church the architecture is very sama same as specified by Lord Argyle and all white my. The castle is built in green schist that changes colour with the weather and the light. Sits on the side of Loch Fyne.

    Kilchurn castle, I think on the side of Loch Awe. Was very picturesque. Jumped a bit when the just subsonic Typhoon overflow I guess on the way to Loosiemoth.

    Travelled along Loch Awe famous for its oysters and submarine base. The base will be a tricky part of negotiations if Scotland gains independence.

    Beautiful Oban for lunch. Lots of seafood options and photo ops.

    The highlight on the way back to Glasgow was Glencoe which deserves two footprints. One for the Piper at the Three Sisters lookout and one for the rest. Separate footprint.
    Read more