Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 10

    10th Oct 2012

    14 de outubro de 2012, Malásia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Again woke early but quite cloudy today, probably good to give our skin a little rest! Had breakfast and thought about and didsome organising for the next part of our travels!
    As cloudy decided to walk across to the other side of the island-coral bay- not as nice a beach as long beach where we are, lots of stones on the beach and not as white sand, path was well paved but was through the rainforest in the centre of the island, we hoped to see some exotic animals but all we saw was 2 squirrels and a chicken!
    When we got to coral bay we had a look over the jetty and saw a huge scholl of fish and some pipefish. We then walked back over to our side of the island, even though not as hot as previous and cloudy still humid so got quite a sweat on!
    We then had a short swim and headed to our second dive- sugar wreck.
    The dive was amazing, definitely the best so far, it was a old sugar cargo ship that sunk in 2000, it had coral and hundreds of fish all around it, saw little sharks, barracudas, lionfish, cuttlefish..... The list goes on and on, we got to go inside the cargo holds also so almost like cave diving, was soooo dark inside but your eyes adjusted so quickly to the change in light. Unfortunately though I am now deaf in my right ear as have water stuck in it, hopefully will be better in the morning!
    Again same routine late lunch, swim, cocktails- today also tried strawberry mojitos and Long Island ice tea, think after tomorrow will have tried them all! We then walked again to coral beach and watched a slightly cloudy sunset, then back to our beach for BBQ, me king fish, Ben chicken with roti- bit like naan and also had a couple beers on the beach-was a lovely setting, little wooden tables, sandmats to sit on, candles and loads of stars but unfortunately techno music in background! Fortunately after about half an hour changed it to something more chilled! Was desperate to see a shooting star as I have never seen one, so I was staring up for ages and what happened Ben walking along saw one right in front of us as I'm staring up so I missed it! Maybe next time!!!
    Leia mais