Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 16

    13th Oct 2012

    20. lokakuuta 2012, Malesia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    So started our day waking up on the bus at 5am at purdu station in KL, got the train to KL central where we met a couple of other girls we had met on the islands. Travelled to airport together.

    Flight to Borneo was mainly done asleep-in fact Ben fell asleep as soon as he sat down and had a jump awake when they did the 'ding dong' before take off- was quite funny-jumped straight up out of his seat!

    Got to Borneo and checked into lavender lodge, we had a superior room so air con and own bathroom, but is anything but superior, toilet that you can't sit straight on as wall in the way and shower run onto the toilet, honestly I am fed up of wet bottom as all the toilet seats are here as they use a hose instead of toilet paper, most of the time they have a long drop and actually seen a poster on the back of a toilet door showing them how to use a toilet. The bed however is nice and sheets clean and air con is good.

    Koto kinababulu is a busy city with malls and a port but not much culture to see, went for a walk and and booked on the mountain climb in a couple of days!!

    While walking along the jetty of the marina it we thought we saw a crocodile swimming in the water but on closer look it was a big monitor lizard- took a photo on my other camera, saw another one bit further on, was very strange!

    Walked through a huge fish market and past loads of tailors with there singer sewing machines-all men.

    Went into a mall to get some bits we needed for the climb- went shopping in the reject shop for some trousers and long sleeved tops, Ben wouldn't hold the bag afterwards!

    Then we spent the rest of the evening on the waterfront with a bottle of wine, watching the sunset.

    I managed to walk into a bollard on the way back to lodge so maybe had a bit too much wine, just a bruise on my leg though!
    Lue lisää