Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    27th Oct 2012

    November 17, 2012 in Malaysia ⋅ 🌫 25 °C

    Feeling a little hungover this morning! Perfect timing for a boat ride!

    The boat back to Bali was not a very pleasant experience! The boat rocked quite a bit, turning every bodies stomachs! Then came a hour and a half in a tiny shuttle bus with no AC! We were with some South Africans who are currently working in Phuket, they were nice and we had a good chat on the ride to kuta but the heat was a bit too much today! I think they were feeling worse than us-they had been drinking rice wine the night before!

    The plan was to have a wander when we got to kuta but tiredness and heat had taken its toll and we decided just to go to the airport instead, besides we had seen a lot of kuta from the bus and looked like typical tourist resort with loads of shops/ Hard Rock Cafe....

    So we got to the airport 4 hours early! We thought there would be loads of restaurants however there was slim pickings! We actually decided to have a Mc Donald's, which is weird for us but fate played its part and it was shut! So we had some Indonesian food instead.

    We caught up with emails, Facebook etc as we had plenty of time, especially as our flight was delayed by an hour!

    Staying at an airport hotel tonight as early morning flight to koi Samui tomorrow.
    Read more