Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    14th Nov

    December 23, 2012 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Did not have to leave until 12.30 from the bungalow so had a swim and an hour or two in the sun in the morning watching the busy beach crabs.

    Went to get our bags packed and guess who's back- the massive flying bug from the other day, and again laying on the floor not moving! Ben was a bit better at getting rid of this one, mainly because it was on the balcony so he just shut the door!

    Hot today, probably the hottest day so far!

    We got the slow long boat to phi phi village and had lunch before the next boat to Phuket.

    The Phuket boat took a couple if hours then the transfer to the airport took ages- the traffic was horrendous! By the time we got to the airport we only had an hour ir so before check in- thought we were going to be there hours early, do caught up on Internet and had some dinner.

    Plane was uneventful and got to Singapore just after midnight, took a taxi to wink hostel.

    Given a couple dorm room but it was so loud- think we may have been next to generator or something so changed to another dorm that was single beds only.

    It's ultra modern, the dorms are made up of 'pods' with a bed, light and side table, when you put your card in to open the dorm door your pod will light up- but only yours! You have a locker under your bed that you card controls too! The new room was much better, finally to sleep after 3am.
    Read more