Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    Eco Retreat Karijini NP

    April 28, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Explored Weano Gorge a 1 hour loop walk down into the gorge. Spectacular views of the Pilbara rock formations and a bubbly stream and swimming hole along the floor , before trekking back up to the rim for the return.

    We then experienced the precipitous cliffs and narrow passages as we clawed and waded our way into the Ampitheatre of Hancock's Gorge this class 5 rated walk was scarry yet breath taking.

    The next day we drove the 100klm return gravel roads to Hamersley gorge which has dramatic colours, textures. The reflections from the pools at the base of the gorge enhance the astonishing, complex geological force if this spectacular landscape.

    Then we tackled Kalamina Gorge, we descended the steps to find a small waterfall and strolled for a 2 hour return, through lemon scented grasses beside the stream before the trails end at Rock arch Pool.

    Finally some lookouts at Joffre and Knox gorges. You need to be agile and fit to descend 600 metres of cliff face climbing and rock hopping if you want to swim in the pool at the base of the waterfall, crazy. Not for us, we are to faint hearted.
    Read more