Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Last Day in Lake Mburo

    February 17, 2023 in Uganda

    Our final Safari day! We made our way back to the park gate after a pre-breakfast breakfast of cereal, fruit and coffee. We reunited with our dear Ranger Damien who led us through another wonderful game drive and walk. At the beginning of the drive, we spotted another animal that was unique to Lake Mburo park, the Eland antelope! We got our of them car to walk closer to get a better view :) We made our way towards the actual lake and spotted many more giraffe, zebras, antelope and birds along the way.

    When we got back to the lodge, we had our delicious hot breakfast with a side of Chess 😉 We packed up our room and hiked to the “Top of the Rock” before our long car ride home. It was a stunning view of the park with a big swing on top of the mountain. We sat together and shared some prayers, songs and gratitude for our time together and the experiences shared. We loaded up the car and (eventually 😂) arrived home in Kampala. On our way out of the park, we had the ultimate goodbye gift of spotting a pair of Crested Cranes, Uganda’s national
    bird!

    You would be surprised how unaware of time we were the whole trip, even being the mega planners we are. Ugandans live by a slower pace of life, often rounding up to the hour and allowing the utmost grace for delays and changed plans. Every time we got in the car we really had no understanding of how long the trip would be- between pot holes, animal crossings and traffic jams. It felt so freeing not to even care but to simply look out the window and enjoy the beauty of Uganda. This drive home, we took extra care to soak it in knowing our trip was coming to a close.
    Read more