Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Home from home - Baan Thai, Ayutthaya

    November 29, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Actually, the reason you come to Ayutthaya is to visit its historical park, which boasts a vast number of ancient Siamese temples and Buddhist monasteries dating from the 14th - 18th centuries. I have dozens of magical photographs from former visits to prove it.
    And then there's a boat ride you can do on the canals and a floating market, which has dropped in standard since Corona, apparently, but nevertheless now charges a relatively high entrance fee.
    However our night had been shortened by 6 hours and we hadn't had a wink of sleep, plus there had been several minor hiccups before arriving at Baan Thai, a collection of very sweetly furnished tourist bungalows that we discovered on our first trip to Thailand.
    So when the sunshine disappeared and the thunder began to roll in the distance, we could not face a historic stroĺl in the mugginess of the afternoon. So we decided to spend a lazy afternoon at our little resort to recuperate.
    A pad thai and a pad see ew revived us somewhat. Birdsong, the playing of several fountains and the rippling of water in the river behind our Thai style "villa" lulled us into complete relaxation to recompense for the non-existent night on the plane.
    You always get a warm welcome at Baan Thai, a bit of home from home.
    Read more