Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 4

    Day 4 Sunday afternoon

    7 de abril, África do Sul ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We drove to visit a home biult before covid for a lovely man sponsored by Sue who is our pastoral carrer on the trip. She was overcome with emotion on seeing him again.
    Here if you do not have an ID you get no money, you cannot work, so cannot feed yourself etc
    He had been living in a tin shack and was lost and poorly. But Sue felt a connection on meeting him 5 years ago and paid for a home to be built for him. He now lives in it and welcomed us in today. After research by Coco's he was able to get ID 2 years ago and the government has built him a new home BUT he will not leave Sue's one. He loves it. He still gets food aid every month from Coco's as he has no job.
    We discovered today he is same age as Chris 54 years old.
    He has chickens a home and now pride.

    The roads were wet, its rained! We had to push the van as it got stuck!

    We visited 3 brothers who were given a new home 7 months ago. They are growing their own vegetables and biulding a chicken cope. They were pleased to see us and had a terrific sense of humor.
    We visited the family we are biulding for and start tomorrow. We leave at 7am to get to the site. It rained today hopefully it will be dry for biulding.
    Saw storks, zebras, cows and goats, loads of chickens all free roaming and often in the middle of the road!
    Leia mais