Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Spiky Bridge to Port Arthur

    March 4, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After Spiky Bridge we continued down the Tasman Highway to Kelvedon Beach. Last night Millie had a melt down and wanted to go home, so we had already decided to stop at a beach so she could have a little play in the sand and surf. The surf wasn't too bad as the whole bay, though quite large and open to the seas, is fairly sheltered so she had a play and we found a lot of scallop shells and small conch shells for Millie to add to her collection. Once she got that out of her system and the smell of rotting seaweed got the better of us all, we got back in the car.
    We were planning to get lunch and petrol in Triabunna.. only one of those was practical as the petrol station we were planning visit was closed.
    So we continued on after lunch and the GPS said to take a certain road that became an unsealed road. OK we thought we could manage it and then 7km along there was a sign saying the road was suitable for 4WD vehicles only... stupid GPS, so we headed back and took the long way round (via Buckland (for petrol), Runnymede, Sorell Nd Copping) which ended up being the scenic route anyway... but again, the number of Tasmanian deiver who cut corners and narrow roads... I am beginning to hate driving here!
    We finally arrived at Port Arthur about 5pm and check into our very nice, modern and tidy cabin before heading to Fox and Hounds, Port Arthur for dinner.
    Read more