Satellite
  • Day 17

    ...to Hobart (finally) our final stop

    March 7, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We left Port Arthur accommodation about 10 am and headed for Hobart and the last place we would be staying on our trip. On our way back to the Tasman Highway, we stopped into Tasman Honey, a company that has been in the area for over 40 years, producing raw honey in the region. It was good to actually talk to an experienced bee keeper and get some advice and ask some questions about bee keeping in Tasmania. It also answered my curiosity about the Bumble Bees; The only good Bumble bee is a dead one. They get in and starve colonies, and the wasps are worse for bee colonies. We also got a sign for our yard for our bee keeping.
    After we finished there we continued on to Sorell where we had lunch... if I had realised just how close we were to our final stop we could have just waited but we left Sorell about 1pm and arrived at our accommodation at Riversdale Estate Winery about an hour later after spending about 45 mins at Frogmore Creek Winery, which is on the same road; we are staying in wine country.
    We got settled, then checked out Coal River Farm, Cheese and Chocolate. Here we met the resident goat, Chillis and Millie got to feed him and give him a scratch... well the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. We also got to watch the chocolatiers making Easter Ducks and Bunnies. We had some cheese tasting and as we were leaving one of the chocolatiers asked Millie if she liked duck chocolate (though I think he said dark) because he had a reject he gave Millie of a duck that only had 1 eye for free. She thought it was so cute and was absolutely wrapped in it.
    After that we came back to our accommodation and I had a nap before we went to dinner in Richmond at the Richmond Arms Pub and after dinner I went aurora chasing.
    Read more