Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    First Full Day in Albufeira

    September 30, 2022 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We had a full night's sleep and easy wake up this morning. We had done some food shopping at the grocery store across the street and that provided our breakfast—museli with yogurt, a banana, coffee and a leftover pastry from the night before.

    We saw Maria and had a visit, got the wifi password and found she has a house in the country. I made it clear to her that I would love to go up with her one day and would not mind doing some work on it, since it seems to need some fixing. She was a little reluctant but did not turn us down outright.

    By the time we caught up on some emails it was after noon. We checked out a local bakery which was closed last night. They had sandwiches on order, but accommodated our request to have ours on a croissant instead of the standard subway bun.

    We took the sandwiches with us on a hike to see the marina from where the boat tours launch. We walked along the cliffs and had some wonderful views of the beach and the open water. There was a shaded sporting one of the lookouts where we had our lunch.

    Along the way were many seaside guesthouses overlooking the water and we checked out a few. The prices were better and the atmosphere was less exuberant than at Maria's place. Maybe we'll try one of them on a future visit???
    Read more