Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 9

    Day 9 - Vancouver

    24 september 2023, Kanada ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Woke up in the early hours and checked my phone to find that we are grandparents again ☺️. Rhia gave birth to a baby boy, Griffin Byron Whittaker, this morning at 6 o'clock (British time). Fabulous news, so happy for her and Sam. Needless to say we didn't get back to sleep for a while.
    Disembarked from the ship in Vancouver at 8.30 and everything was quick and easy. Left our luggage at the hotel (the same hotel as our first night - Auberge Vancouver) but couldn't get into our room so went off to explore Downtown. Had breakfast in a great bakery and then pottered around in Gastown. It might have been because it was Sunday but the vibe was very chilled and relaxed, not like a city, until we headed for Chinatown and suddenly we were in a really rundown district with loads of homeless down and outs and beggars.
    Walked back to the cruise terminal and carried on round the "sea wall" towards Stanley Park. It was a lovely sunny day so we hired bikes and cycled round the sea wall (basically the perimeter of Stanley Park and by the sea), and into the park. Cycled about 10k in all, it was really lovely.
    Got back to the hotel about 5.30 and got our room key...... wow! Wasn't expecting a suite but that's what we've got 👍. Lovely sitting area, kitchenette and massive bedroom and ensuite. It's amazing 😀. Popped 100 yards round the corner to The Lions Pub (very British) and had a quick evening meal and then got back to the room to chill for the rest of the evening.
    Really good day 😃
    Läs mer