Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10 - Vancouver

    September 25, 2023 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Bit of a wet drizzly day so decided to go to Granville Island, which is renowned for its indoor public market. We walked there, which was a bit of a trek in the rain and involved going over a very long suspension-type bridge. Mark was freaking out (his irrational fear of bridges hasn't got any better 😦) so I had to "talk him" from one side to the other. Once there we went straight to a bar for a big glass of wine to calm Mark's nerves 🍷and then mooched around the market and the shops for a few hours. Amazing market with the most fabulous stalls selling meats, cheeses, fruit and veg, pastries - never seen such massive steaks (see pics).
    By 5pm my knees were aching so took the lazy way back to the hotel and grabbed a cab.
    Went to the hotel leisure club for a swim in the 25m pool - we actually swam 500m which I was quite impressed with 🏊‍♂️. We then sat in the hot tub (more of a pool than a tub) which was 40 degrees and absolutely wonderful for my poor aching legs. Felt so relaxed after! We made the most of our suite and stayed in for the evening with wine and cheese from Granville market.
    A really good day 😀
    Read more