Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Final Day and Goodbye

    March 16, 2023 in Israel

    For our final day, the rains finally subsided, and we were able to revisit the old fishing village we couldn't get to yesterday. It was overpopulated with tourists, of course, but still neat to see and remember Jesus words when Capernaum decided they wanted nothing to do with their Messiah. We tried taking a different trail to walk along the sea of Galilee and ended up at an old (but still used) church with immaculately cared for grounds and birds. It was so beautiful and peaceful!
    Talia was able to fill her bucket list item of finding wild parrots!! She was overjoyed!
    Next, we went to fulfill Jesse's bucket list item - to swim in the Jordan! The Jordan River is where Jesus was baptized but, of course, we chose not to go to the actual site where they claim Jesus was baptized and went to the riverside in all the dirt, mud and random non-religious people walking and canoeing by. As I think back, this is probably similar to how Jesus saw it. Imagine seeing the heavens opening up in that place!!!
    Next, we made our way to Tel Aviv. We tried to stop and see the ruins of Ceserea, but it was closed.... next time, maybe :)
    We went straight for the beach to see the Mediterranean up close and enjoy a sunset experience. It was a very busy beach with surfers and beach walkers.
    The next morning, we boarded our flight for home!
    Overall - I'm so thrilled for all we saw, learned, and experienced, but I could've spent at least a week or a month in each location to really take it in and understand more about the biblical implications of this place. I can't wait to come back to Israel 🇮🇱
    Read more