Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Heineken Experience

    April 13, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Since our afternoon was at our leisure, we booked the Heineken Experience and Rooftop tour. Doug brews his own beer and he loves learning about the process of making beer from the different brew masters in different countries, so this tour was right up his alley.
    We started touring through the old building erected in 1867 and learning about how they moved the malt barley into the brewery, made the mash, grew the carbonated yeast mixture, filtered and processed the beer and finally bottled it into the iconic green glass bottles that are recognizable worldwide.
    We were served a sample of Heineken beer halfway through the self-guided tour and raised our glasses to a toast of "proust".
    Then we learned about Heineken beer sponsoring sports and advertising around the globe.
    We ended up in the cellar pub where we could trade in the two buttons on our Heineken wristbands for glasses of beer, which made Doug pretty happy. He got his own allotment and mine!
    We finished the tour by taking the elevator to the rooftop bar where we each had one more beer available while we enjoyed the view overlooking the city. It was a great place to take photos and relax for a bit before heading back to the ship.
    "Proust!!"
    Read more