Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    London day 2

    August 21, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Some days things work out, others not so much. This morning was not so much. We had it all planned to go to The Natural History Museum today. We found it no problem, but we were too early ( big surprise I know) and it wasn't open. So we thought we'd hop on the tour bus to fill in the hour, turned out we picked the extra long tour bus and it was Monday morning so lots of traffic, we did see quite a bit of area we missed yesterday though. Eventually we decided to get off and go back on the underground, except the line we needed was down. Grrr so off we went to find a bus, again with the traffic. By the time we got back to the museum it was about 11 and the line to get in was three blocks long. No way were we doing that, the museum will have to wait for another day.

    Plan B was to visit Kew Gardens. Turned out to be a great idea. The day was a bit overcast so it was nice and cool for wandering around the gardens which are just beautiful and absolutely massive. So much to see around every corner! We had a lovely four hours out there, and although there were lots of people in the gardens it's so massive they just disappear!

    It was late by the time we left and thanks to some advice from the ladies on the counter of the gardens and the train we found a great little pub in Richmond for dinner!
    Read more