Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Kuju Plateau

    May 21, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We have a few things to see on the way to Kurosawa this morning. First up is a pretty waterfall only 6 or 7 ks from where we stayed last night. Harajiri waterfall. I thought this waterfall would be out in the middle of nowhere but no there was a huge complex next to it ready to accommodate the tourist masses who luckily hadn’t turned up yet.
    That set the theme for the rest of the morning. Luckily we beat the tourist busses for most of the day.
    Next stop was the Ota Castle Ruins. Must have been a massive complex in its day, it seemed to go on forever and the views from up there where spectacular.
    Then on to Kuju flower park, more like a botanical gardens really. Another place I thought would just be a little garden. The Japanese sure know how to expand on a good thing. Incredible number and variety of flowers.
    Then on to Kokome Suspension Bridge. Built to showcase the amazing views of the Naruko-gawa Gorge and the 3 waterfalls there. It a little hairy to walk across, so high and moves around a bit, plus you can see down through the grating to the valley floor.

    Next stop Kurokawa Onsen.
    Read more