Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    From Narobi to The Cliffs.

    June 11, 2023 in Kenya ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We’re got an early start today. Leaving Nairobi at 7 to drive to Nakuru National Park. It’s Sunday so supposedly not that much traffic. Holy moly so many trucks, and so many little settlements. There are speed limits for the trucks and speed bumps on the highway so it was quite a tedious drive.

    We had a break in the drive by stopping at Hell’s Gate National Park. Hired some bikes and a guide and rode through the national park to Ol jorowa Gorge. It was still reasonably early in the morning so the bike ride was lovely, not too hot and the Zebras, Giraffes Warthogs, Waterbuck, Impala, Buffalo were all still out grazing.

    Another hour and a half driving bought us to the edge of the national park. Looked pretty unremarkable when we stopped. We drove down this dodgy street with a few skinny dogs and a couple of ramshackle houses. Bit of a coffee shop and a souvenir shop.
    We had a break and then a two hour game drive into the park and around the lake to The Cliffs.

    It was absolutely amazing we saw so many animals. We are ticking them all off the list. Every time you think you can’t top that we’d see something else incredible.

    Our accomodation for the next two nights is unbelievable. Ten tents perched on the top of a cliff overlooking Lake Nakuru.
    Read more