Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Road trip, Olkeri Camp to Acacia Farm

    June 20, 2023 in Tanzania ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We’re heading off from Tarangire National Park today towards Ngorongoro Crater. All the Olkeri staff came out to see us off. It’s been another lovely stay at this safari camp.

    Our drive out took us past all the little villages again, not as many out today as Sunday but we still got some happy waves and smiles.
    We stopped in Mto Wa Mbu for a bike tour through the back streets of the village and to the local market, then on to an art gallery and a banana plantation. Stopping for lunch at a local food bistro for village guests and lastly a Banana Beer which was about as good as it sounds.

    Graham started talking to a guy selling tshirts while we waited for our bikes to be ready, this same guys kept popping up everywhere we stopped. Pam’s Dad hasn’t been well and they needed to buy a SIM card and while we waited for that, it’s not the simple matter it is at home, this dude kept bringing out more and more tshirts. Eventually he found one that graham couldn’t live without.

    Acacia Farm is not much further down the road and after one more stop at a arts and craft gallery where I finally found some fabric to buy, albeit at an exorbitant price but it is lovely and has all the colours of Africa in it, we arrived to a heart warming welcome at Acacia Farm. What a beautiful well maintained property. Everything is immaculate, the grounds, the food, the accommodation, the staff.
    After a few drinks we headed down for dinner, there seemed to be a bit of confusion about our table and after a few minutes Godfrey who is looking after us comes in and says oh no table for you here and leads us to a private table with our own fire and butler and chef. Curtesy of Emma we’re sure. We have been so spoil on this holiday.
    Read more