Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Astorga

    October 13, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Such a very nice albergue we arrived at today! Even if it had been a bad day, which it was not, ( well, speaking for myself. Morgan is under the weather and did not want to get up - see pic) this place would have made it all good. A warm welcome, a funky, appealing layout, and best of all a wood stove which has suffused the place with the cozy smell of wood smoke, which I love.

    There was also a much nicer than usual oasis along the way, also with sort of a hippy vibe. Very nice!

    Today was also cool and overcast, with occasional light rain: a welcome change! Also the landscape is changing and we had some nice climbs. It sounds weird, but too much flat walking is hard on the feet and legs.

    Astorga is a pretty town with a Cathedral and a palace. I did not fit in a walk through the palace. Next time!

    The time remaining is really getting short now! That said, my early panicky feelings that it’s all going too quickly sometimes morphs into thoughts of how nice it will be to be home. Just depends! We have a LOT of rain ahead. We’ll see how that affects my outlook. I may like it!
    Read more