Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Ferry from Topolobampo-La Paz

    December 5, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Pulling into Los Mochis our final stop on the Chepe Train we were informed that the time is 1 hour behind after we crossed into the state of Sinaloa.
    With our ferry not due to leave until midnight we went to find some food near the port. We settled on a dodgey looking place (featuring a homeless guy who sat on the floor awkwardly close to our table) and prayed with every bit that we would not be ill on the 8hour crossing ahead of us.

    The ferry company insists that you 'check in' 3 hours before departure so we had a long boring wait. After finally boarding the ferry by the most ludicrous 4 meter bus ride we went to look for the 2 chairs that we would call our bed (the cabins were way over budget). Finally feeling settled at around half midnight a member from the crew came to check whether we had gone for dinner yet...walking into the canteen was like being transported back to a school dinner hall and a 1980s cruise ship😂. Still stuffed from our roadside supper we soldiered on, not ones to ever turn down a free meal, tucked into our '3 course dinner' at 1am (2am from the area we had just come from) and 'enjoyed' the entertainment. Totally stuffed and exhausted we retired to the plastic recliners (think Ryanair flight) zipped ourselves up into our sleeping bags, put our earplugs in to emit the snoring and  passed out from exhaustion!
    Read more