Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Gilberts of Griffith

    April 20, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Visit with Pat and Reg.

    We bought a new battery from NRMA who delivered and installed just before we left the Central Coast. The very first start, the car cranked a little slowly. The NRMA guy said “that doesn’t sound very good, you better go to an auto electrician and find out what’s wrong with your car”. Well that’s a pain in the ass. Don’t want issues on the road, so I better get it checked. Subsequent stars were intermittently OK. It wasn’t until Griffith that we had the chance to visit an electrician (a few places on the coast were suggesting 3 week wait).
    $100 later the test comes back “faulty battery” So, I call the NRMA who promptly arrive and test the battery and say “it’s OK”, with his meters he shows the battery levels dropping rapidly after the car is turned off. “There is something drawing current, you better get it checked by an auto electrician. Hmmm. The guy I had been to this morning had shut shop because he was going to a go-carting event. So I found another who checked it out. They couldn’t find any current draw and the battery tested OK. I’m a little agitated by this stage. No current loss and battery OK. I don’t think so, so I very patiently explain this to the electrician who had another look. Finds a dead cell in the battery, agrees to demonstrate to NRMA who now agrees that the battery is faulty and replace it.
    Then follows a 4 week discussion with NRMA Customer Relations to refund the $210 of Auto Electrician charges. All done now.
    Read more