Satellite
  • Day 191

    Work work work work.

    October 25, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Who knew work was so much fun. It’s been a while, so we had missed the routine and discipline. A little. Actually we probably won’t miss it at all when we stop working again in just over a week. Can’t believe we have been here 3 weeks, as the time has flown.
    The team here is great the work can be frantic at times but it is fun, the Chef is a star so we get to bask in Chefs’ praise.
    The best of it is the people we meet. Seems like everyone is on “holiday” of some sort when people are at their best. Almost universally they are captivated by the prettiness or the history of Cossack or both. There have so many stories that they are willing to share and love ours in return.
    Some 15 year olds might consider what we are doing as a shit job, but we find it rewarding and because it is central to the support of the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi people through the Foundation of the same name, it is important. We are on Ngarluma Lands, but those people have largely lost their culture and language, while the neighbouring Yindjibarndi were able to stay on country and continue to grow their culture and are the major hosts in the Foundation.
    Read more