Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 552

    Home

    October 21, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    48,197k with the van plus 6,200k incidental journeys on foot, bicycle and in the car without the van.
    Unknown number of Bicycle kilometres. We do know that it was not nearly enough.
    Significant walking distance - We both had to buy new walking boots.
    552 days away - 18months and 4 days. None of those days were spent wishing to be somewhere else.

    Other sundry stats:
    Lost property - one hoodie, and my multimeter.
    We used everything that we took and didn’t need for anything we didn’t take.
    Breakages - 4 long steamed wine glasses. How optimistic we’re we?
    The 12 volt TV was dropped.
    Breakdowns: 1 van flat tyre; 1 car flat tyre; New tyres fitted at Mount Isa and again in Griffith some 438 days later; front shock absorbers on the car; Some recurring 12volt power issues (van and car); Travelled with a big box of tools and I used them all - outback roads can be rough.
    Arguments - none worth mentioning.
    Car washing - 3.
    Van washes - 2 attempts.
    Favourite place/experience/encounter? Impossible to answer - but will probably be the one being recollected.

    Thanks friends for following and cheering our adventures. Hope you all get a chance to tackle your own personal goals on the road.
    Read more