Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    The adventure begins

    September 5, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    24 hours of transportation, and almost 46 hours with minimal sleep we have reached out first stop. The Wonderful Oslo.

    The plane ride was 6.5 hours and uneventful, but it was all worth it when we landed.

    We arrived midday local time with a sunny temperature of 24°, we caught a train from the airport straight into Oslo S the main station of the city. We checked into our accommodation at Citybox Oslo and enjoyed well deserved showers.

    Not letting the fact it was only early afternoon get us down we went on a walk and enjoyed the architecture and scenery of the cityscape. We watched a changing of the guards at the Norwegian Royal palace and Phill got yelled at for standing too close to the gate.

    Dinner was (Svinekoteletter) Pork chops with sauerkraut and Karbonademiddag (Steak of minced meat). At an interesting hole in the wall bar where the lady behind the bar gave off an intimidating scary Grandma vibes but was very accommodating at the same time.

    The night wrapped up with our first load of washing (our airplane clothes) and brainstorming our first full day.

    Step count for day 1:
    Bec: 22,800
    Phill: 22,800
    Read more