Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Flåm bam thank you ma'am

    September 7, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today began by catching a train outta Oslo at 6:00am. On this train journey we went along Flåmsbana which was a 60 minute train ride known for being one of the most beautiful in the world. The claim did not disappoint, puffing billy will never be the same in our eyes after what we saw today.

    After getting off our 6 hour train journey of beautiful views and interesting conversations with Americans, we arrived in the town of Flåm. The small townstead was filled to the brim with tourists, but we got to try whale, reindeer and Moose salami.

    We then took a 25 minute electric bus ride to Stegastein viewpoint which is a 30 meter long and 4-meter wide platform 650 meters above sea level, with panoramic views of the Aurlandsfjord, Aurlandsvangen, and the mountains. Our lovely tour guide Peter gave us some interesting facts about the living situation in Norway and talked about the amount of crashes he's seen on the road we were taking.

    The night ended with a beer tasting tray in Ægir brewery and a pizza while taking in our stunning surroundings, and piggy pats back at our quaint accomodation.

    Seeya tomorrow Flåm!

    A modest walking day with 15,000 travelled each
    Read more