Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Pictures, Poros and Pistachios

    September 24, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Today was the first official day of our tour. So we enjoyed our early breakfast buffet and got on a bus to the port where we boarded the awaiting ferry.

    The first port was Hydra, it was a lovely introduction to Greece islands and the amount of stairs they involve. We climbed aimlessly and Bec took photos of all the cats we crossed paths with. After 2 hours we headed back aboard towards our next stop Poros.

    On the way to our next destination we enjoyed the included lunch buffet, which consisted of some incredible salads, pasta and fish.

    Once we arrived at Poros we took copious amounts of stairs to reach a clocktower with amazing views of the island and the surrounding areas and enjoyed 'coffee with ice cream' which was an affagato in a takeaway cup which was 👌👌

    The final island Aegina had 2 important aspects we wanted to explore: The temple of Apollo and pistachios. We first ventured to explore the ruins, after looking at some rocks and marble from 450bc we went into the township in search of the most important thing of the day - pistachio ice cream, which we found, devoured and thoroughly enjoyed.

    We again jumped on the ferry and made our way back to Athens. Overall it was a 14 hour cruise exploring and we enjoyed ourselves.

    Tomorrow we officially take off in the bus to explore more of Greece

    Step count
    Both: 15k (slow day)
    Read more