Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    It's a hard life

    October 23, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    This morning we said goodbye to our mosquito infested room and the sinking city of Venice before jumping on a 2 hour train to the city of fashion - Milan.

    We got to Milan early in the day and were immediately impressed with the architecture and cleanliness of the city (especially compared to Venice). We were able to drop out bags off at the accommodation before venturing into the city to check out the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping mall, which had absolutely stunning architecture and was filled with brands and stores that we were too poor to even look at.

    We then explored the Duomo di Milano - a Gothic cathedral, which is actually one of the largest cathedrals in the world and took over 600 years to complete. This was one of the most beautiful and impressive buildings I have ever seen, definitely top 3 buildings.

    We headed to a fancy cafe for lunch, which ended up being one of Starbucks flagship stores where they roasted the beans in store - it was like a coffee Willy Wonka land. It was nice also having a drink that wasn't espresso or cappuccinos.

    We headed back to the accommodation afterwards, and went out in search of a laundromat, the first one we went to had a 60 minute wait, but we found luck at another one an extra 20 minutes away.

    After the clothes were washed and returned back into their packing cubes we got dressed for the evening and headed out on the town.

    And by town I mean a spa - we went to QC Termemilano which is a day spa. Because travelling for almost 2 months and not working is obviously super stressful, we decided to pamper ourselves to 2 hours of relaxing in some saunas and thermal spas.

    The coolest part of this spa is some of the rooms they have on offer - my favourite being a cinema room where all walls are LEDs and it simulates a storm and rain pours from the ceiling.

    After an exhausting few hours relaxing we headed back on the Metro to the accommodation before turning in for the night before a big travel day tomorrow.

    Step count: 26k

    See you in Switzerland!!
    Read more