Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    True Neutrality

    October 24, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    After a night of sleep which was gratefully devoid of mosquitoes, we started the day by downing a few cups of "free" coffee before heading on a wet walk back to the central station of Milan. While it is a beautiful building, it is also quite busy, so the way we could get a seat while waiting for the train was to buy another coffee (and accompanying croissant -- of course)

    We said goodbye to Milan and boarded the train for a ~4 hour ride to the capital of Switzerland, Zürich! The second half of the trip heading through the Swiss countryside was absolutely stunning! Comparable to the Fjords of Norway!

    Once we arrived in the city we were once again greeted by rain, and so we beelined directly to our hostel. Once the two of us checked in we headed to our dorm and witnessed the strangest occurrence, another female in our dorm! Very unprecedented.

    While it was still raining outside we hung around the dorm and chatted a little with some of the other dorm members. (With more coffee!)

    Finally the rain let up and it was time to go find something to eat for dinner. We couldn't stomach the idea of how much it cost to eat out so we went to a supermarket and picked up old faithful, instant soup and bread.

    We brought our meal back and ate it, before going for one final walk -- which was shortened by the rain...

    Step count: 11.3k
    Read more