Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Cheese wonderland

    October 26, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    After a delicious included breakfast of toast again, we joined a free walking tour of the city and learned some of the history and found some fun spots in Zurich.

    After the 2 hour walk we decided to have the only meal out for our Switzerland stay - a cheese fondue. The place we chose unbeknownst to us was actually the first fondue parlour in the old town of Zurich.

    We got 2 servings of cheese, so it ended up being around 500g, it came with a side of bread and we got potatoes, beef and pickles/onions added too. It was absolutely delicious, it also cost the same amount as a small car.

    After this we decided to go for a walk to try and digest the carb and dairy overload. We caught a funicular train cart up a hill to explore the top of the city and enjoy the views.

    On our way back to the accommodation we came across a parade of what we assume is soccer fans on their way to a game. There was Swiss riot police lined up, which is not something I expected to see while here!

    Once we made our way back to the accommodation we took the time to try and plan the Ireland portion of our trip, turns out finding vans is not as easy as expected!

    Step count: 19k

    Seeya in France
    Read more