Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Chocolate wonderland

    October 25, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Today we awoke and enjoyed our hostel's included breakfast of toast. We then headed to the bus stop so we could get to our main attraction of the day - The Lindt museum.

    Walking towards the building you could actually smell the Chocolate aroma outside, it was beautiful. We arrived at the holy land 30 minutes before our tour was to start, so we ventured into the cafe to enjoy a hot chocolate and a pretzel. Once we were deemed appropriate to enter we consumed at minimum a kilo of liquid and block chocolate each, while ignoring the history so we could eat even more.

    After we filled a ziplock bag with Lindt balls in which we were only allowed to take 1 each, we decided to walk the hour and a half back to the city.

    We lucked out and it barely rained at all today, so walking back along Zurich lake was slightly chilly and absolutely beautiful.

    We stopped in at the local Lidl for a snack before doing some more venturing around the town before coming back to the Lidl to buy a salad mix for dinner.

    After sitting in the accommodation and chatting to our bunk mates and relaxing for a while we headed out for a late night walk. Once we got back we ate our budget dinner with stolen salt and pepper packets before retiring for the night.

    Step count: 26.2k
    Read more