Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Van lyfe

    November 7, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    This morning we said goodbye to the Netherlands and flew to Dublin. We had our first flight with Ryan Air, and like many of the stories we have heard the flight was indeed delayed but luckily only by 30mins.

    After landing we made our way to a carpark to pick up our new stallion for the next week and a half, a Ford Tourneo campervan!

    After them handing us the keys and saying 'have fun' and no other form of a handover we took off and drove 2 hours to Killkenny where we stopped off and explored the beautiful Killkenny castle before venturing down to Cork.

    Getting into Cork at peak time was interesting, we tried getting into a few supermarket carparks but we couldn't enter as the van was too tall. After driving around in peak city traffic for far too long we finally were able to stop off at an Aldi to gather some basic supplies: like water, lollies and toilet paper.

    After shopping we were both ready to wind down for the day so we made our way to our stop for the night, which is a carpark along the Marina (hopefully we don't get a knock from the police at 2am telling us to move).

    It was dark and raining when we stopped so we started going through and exploring what our new beast (Tilly is her name here forthcoming). The bed was made and we figured out how to pop the roof, but as there was no handover we struggled to figure out the water and gas. We found the manufacturer booklet for the car and followed the instructions but still nothing - so no late night cup of tea for us tonight, we will have to call them tomorrow.

    Because our plans for dinner were spoiled, we ate some other goodies from aldi. Such as peaches and custard.

    Sleep tonight should be interesting.

    Step count: 14k

    PS. Tilly photos coming tomorrow
    Read more