Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Red alert

    November 13, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ 🌬 11 °C

    We made our way to the Clifden rec centre in search for showers, which the worker was kind enough to let us use. We then decided that after our failed roast search yesterday we deserved a treat - which came in the package of a big Irish breakfast.

    The breakfast didn't disappoint, and it fueled us enough to begin exploring for the day, we decided to start off with something different. We parked Tilly and walked for about 15 minutes through a farmer's land until we came across a gem - another castle! This castle was just ruins that we had free reign exploring throughout. It was definitely one of the coolest ones we've seen.

    We then took off to our next stop which was Dimond Hill, because what better to do in a weather warning day then go for a hike? But because of the weather warning (definitely nothing to do with fitness) we decided to do the shorter of the hikes and not go all the way to the top.

    Next stop was the Killary Fjords and Aasleagh Falls. This part of the drive was breathtaking and a whole different range of scenery and landscape. The falls were a fun little detour, the waterfall was flooding the walking tracks and overflowing much of the countryside due to the rain the past few days. Phill tested the weatherproofing on our new boots a few times by sticking his feet in places he shouldn't.

    It was getting dark at this point so we drove to our stop for the night, a lovely carpark that has a slight incline. We wandered around Westport before heading to the movies to watch Killers of the Flower Moon, which was interesting and not at all what we expected.

    Step count: 17.1k
    Read more