Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Back to the shoelace express

    November 17, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    This morning we said goodbye to our transient 3rd member of the trip: Tillie. We gave her a clean, both inside and out and drove back to the airport where we waited patiently to hand over the keys. Eventually the man came to collect her and we headed off to the bus to take us into the centre of Dublin. (It felt quite strange to go to an airport without dropping off, picking up, or boarding a plane...)

    In 30 minutes we found ourselves in the middle of the city, near our accommodation. Even though it was much too early to check in we headed over in the hopes that we could drop off our bags. Fortune smiled upon us! As it turned out, our room was already ready, so we could head straight up! We have much more space than a campervan, which is great. But the building is part of the main drag and so is very noisy. Sleeping will be interesting tonight.

    Once we got ourselves set up, we headed to a falafel place for lunch which was delicious. It was then time to start off Dublin strong with a trip to the Guinness storehouse! The two of us walked over with only some minor distractions and before we knew it, we were inside!

    Unsurprisingly, our tour followed a similar thread to the Heineken museum where they taught us the manufacturing process. It also ended with us up at the top of the storehouse a UFO looking building with 360° views of Dublin, with a pint of Guinness!

    On our way home we wandered the streets looking at stores before retiring for the night.

    Here's hoping for a midnight curfew!

    Step count: 20.1k
    Read more