Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 87

    Merry men

    November 29, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ -1 °C

    Today we finally encountered our first sub 0 temperatures. It got down to -3° last night and by 10am when we started on our hour long walk into Nottingham it was a toastie -1°.

    Our gear held up quite well and we had no issues with the cold at all, although it's not even winter yet so we'll see how we go!

    We enjoyed crunching on the icy leaves and grass and made our way to Nottingham castle and a Robin hood statue. After our chilly morning walk we decided to stop in at a cafe - and oh boy did we stumble across a good one. A cat cafe!!

    We enjoyed a hot beverage and just before we were about to get up and leave a cat named Popcorn jumped up on Bec's lap and fell asleep, so naturally we stayed another 30 minutes before we left to go explore under the city.

    Nottingham has the UK's largest network of caves - over 800 are hidden beneath its streets. So we soaked up the extraordinary atmosphere of the ancient caves carved deep beneath Nottingham’s in the attraction 'City of caves' which had a WW2 air raid shelters and a medieval tannery. 

    From here we fuelled up with a baked spud which was delicious before checking out ANOTHER Christmas market, this one was a respectable size and when we had enough of smelling the delicious food stalls we headed on the hour trek back to our uni accommodation. But midway back we came across The Haunted Museum, so we obviously popped out heads in.

    After checking out some very spooky items and potentially getting haunted we finally made our way back to enjoy some warm soup for dinner while planning some next steps

    16.9k steps
    Read more