Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 88

    War of the roses

    November 30, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 3 °C

    We said goodbye to the University of Nottingham this morning and scrapped off the ice on Bartholomew || and headed towards York.

    Along we way we encountered our very first snow! There was patches of it dusted around some of the towns we passed by, on the roofs of houses and in gutters where the sun hadn't hit yet. There was even a 5 minute period of the drive where it was falling and hitting the windshield, that was very exciting!

    York was a very pretty 'little' city with some very fun streets and markets. My favourite being Shambles, a 14th-century timber-framed structures overhung this landmark road, once home to many butcher shops, but now houses quirky food and nick-nack shops.

    After freezing out fingers off eating some (delicious) loaded fries we explored a bit more before heading into a hot chocolate store to warm up the soul and help Bec get feeling back into 2 of her fingers.

    Heading back to the car we detoured to see a castle and snack on a chip butty.

    We made our way to our accommodation where we relaxed and went to watch The Nun 2, when we realised we hadn't watched the first Nun movie.

    Step count: 12.9k
    Read more