Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Winning big

    December 19, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌙 5 °C

    We took this morning slowly with a sleep in and coffee (with bickies, of course!) We used some leftover milk sachets we had since we didn't have any fresh milk...

    Having no more milk was what kicked off the decision for us to go and get some for another hot drink.

    On the way to the shops we decided to take a detour to the beach. While Brighton beach is filled with pebbles, it does look very nice, especially in the sad rain drizzle.

    We then explored the Brighton Palace Pier, which is a small amusement park. We wanted to know the general pricing to check it out tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be better. Turns out that there isn't an entry fee so you can walk around the area freely and pay for the rides as you want.

    Another section of the park was a game arcade, which we walked through and decided to spend some quid and play some games. Bec almost immediately hits the jackpot on a game and the machine starts printing tickets for about a minute straight!!

    After that excitement we continue to spend the rest of our money on games. (Without earning too many more tickets.) Before we knew it, 2 hours had gone by... So much for the coffee.

    We ended up cashing in our tickets and it turned out Bec's win was 500 tickets! And in total we had only won ~650 tickets.

    The saddest part was that out of the dozens of options we had for prizes, we excitedly exchanged the tickets for a tea towel and a shot glass. Safe to say our childhood selves were probably quite upset with that choice.

    After we had our fun, we headed to the shops finally and grabbed ourselves some milk and lunch. We then rested for a while before heading back out!

    We walked to Andy's work for a quick drink and to say bye to him, before heading back to the accommodation.

    Step count: 15.5k
    Read more